Let's face it. A traditional college degree path is not for everyone, and now, more than ever, there is a need for those who want to pursue a different experience.
Fields like construction/trades, IT/computers, and allied health are booming and the hands-on, noncredit programs offered at Harford Community College allow students to directly enter the workforce—sometimes in less than a year—or boost their resumés. In addition, professional development and service related training leads to high-demand jobs and career advancement. Which of the workforce development areas piques your interest? Take a look—and let curiosity reshape your view of college.
Healthcare comes in all forms and many programs get you working in less than a year. Explore your interests.
Construction And Trades
Train here for careers that lead straight to the workforce where you can continue to build your future.
IT and Computer Training
The IT and cyber world is booming! Explore your options at Harford.
start a career
Professional certifications like PMP, CCSP, and others can boost your resumé and increase your career mobility.
advance your career
Whether you like to work with pets, do manicures, or inspect houses, careers in the service professions offer many opportunities.
build your future
Paying for Workforce and Career Programs
Learn about options for scholarships, loans, payment plans, and using military education benefits.
apply for funding
Programs of Study
- A+ and Computer Support Technician
- American Heart Association (AHA) Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support (BLS) CPR
- Applied Engineering Technician
- Automotive Collision Repair
- Basic Machine Manufacturing Technology
- Brick Masonry Training
- Building Maintenance
- Commercial Truck Driving
- Certified Ethical Hacker
- Certified Logistics Technician
- Certified Nursing Assistant | CNA
- Child Care
- CISCO Certified Network Associate: CCNA
- Cloud Computing
- Construction Trade Skills
- Introduction to Craft Brewing Technician
- Dental Assistant
- Dog Grooming
- Drone Technology
- Electrical Apprenticeship
- EMT and EMT Refresher
- Floral Design
- Forklift Certification Training
- Heavy Equipment Operations
- Histologic Technician
- Home Improvement License
- HVAC Apprenticeship
- HVACR Pre-Apprenticeship
- Insurance Help Desk Professional
- Linux +
- Medical Cannabis Dispensary Business
- Medication Administration
- Microsoft Office Specialist Associate
- Nurse Refresher
- Phlebotomy Technician
- PMI-ACP® Exam Prep
- Project Management Professional
- Society for Human Resources Management
- Solar Photovoltaic Installer
- Veterinary Assistant