Coming to Campus
Each and every day we welcome students, employees, and visitors to our beautiful campus. Before you arrive, there are a few things you need to know.
- Harford Community College is a smoke-free and tobacco-free environment. The use of any type of tobacco product, smoking device or equipment, or any item that simulates smoking is prohibited in all buildings and areas of the campus and off-campus sites supervised by the College.
- Bicycling and bicycle commuting are encouraged, although riding on the sidewalks, walkways, and in the Quad area is not allowed. Bicycle racks are available at the main entrances of Fallston Hall, Joppa Hall, and the Student Center, on the north side of Chesapeake Center, and at the rear entrance of the Library.
- Skating, skateboarding, and hoverboards are prohibited on all campus properties.
Harford Community College is dedicated to providing high-quality educational and cultural enrichment to students, employees, and citizens of Harford County and the surrounding areas. Our mission is best served when the use of College facilities addresses those interests. The College is a limited public forum.
The College embraces the principles and practices of free speech, expression, and assembly as described in the procedures on Freedom of Expression and Assembly. These procedures will be applied consistent with the requirements of law. In the event that any guideline conflicts with applicable law, the law will govern.
In no circumstance will race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, veteran, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information or any other status protected by law, or any other protected status be the determining factor.
FROM SOUTH OF CAMPUS (Baltimore/Washington)
- Take Interstate 95-North to Exit 80 Churchville (Route 543). Turn left at the end of ramp onto Rt. 543.
- Travel North toward Churchville for approximately 6 miles to the traffic light at the intersection of Route 543 and Route 22.
- Turn right on Route 22. Take Rt. 22 to the light at Thomas Run Road.
- Turn left on Thomas Run Road.
- The College campus is on the right.
FROM NORTH OF CAMPUS (Elkton/Wilmington/New York)
- Take Interstate 95 South to Exit 85 Aberdeen (Highway 22 West).
- Travel Route 22 West to the light at Thomas Run Road.
- Turn right onto Thomas Run Road.
- The College campus is on the right.
There are more than 2,100 open and shared spaces available on Harford's campus. High traffic can be expected 8–2:30 PM and 6–7:30 PM. During these times it is best to allow at least 30 minutes for locating a parking space and walking to classrooms.
To avoid congestion, parking in the T, J North, or W lot and walking to the desired location is suggested.
DESIGNATED MOTORCYCLE PARKING can be found in lots A, C, F, and J. The enlarged spaces are designed to be shared by two or more motorcycles.
VISITORS AND STUDENTS may park in Open Lots: A, F, T, W
VISITORS, STUDENTS AND EMPLOYEES may park in Shared Lots: B, C, E, J, L
PARKING IS PROHIBITED:
- In employee or permit-required spaces or lot without a valid permit
- By any curbing painted red
- Where signs prohibit parking
- In roadways or on grass
- In any areas not designated by parallel lines
- For longer than 15 minutes in loading zones
- In any other area designated by the Department of Public Safety
The maximum speed limit on campus is 15 MPH. Pedestrians have the right-of-way at all times.
The Department of Public Safety issues citations for traffic and parking violations. High-speed driving, reckless driving, and failure to yield to pedestrians may result in revocation of operating privileges on campus in addition to a fine of up to $150.
For information on bus access, please visit the Harford County Government Commuter Assistance page.
Visit our COVID-19 Information page for FAQs and other helpful resources.
In accordance with the Education Article of the Maryland Code, Section 26-102, the president or her/his written designee may deny access to the buildings or grounds of the College to any person who: (a) is not a bona fide currently registered student or is not a current employee of the College and/or who does not have lawful business to pursue at the College, or (b) is suspended or expelled, or (c) acts in a disruptive manner.
All persons attending classes must be officially registered for those classes. Children (ages 12 and under) are not to be left unattended at any time, under any circumstances.
Access to the College's athletic fields and gymnasium must be officially authorized. This policy applies to students as well as members of the public. Violators are subject to being fined and/or arrested for trespassing.
It is the policy of Harford Community College to prohibit all pets from all campus buildings, offices, laboratories and athletic fields with the exception of service animals used as bona fide instructional aids, or animals used for contracted entertainment purposes. Dogs that are properly controlled (leashed) and licensed will be permitted in open campus areas. Owners are responsible for all pet clean-up.
Open from sunrise to sunset, our hiking and biking trails provide an easy to moderate hike with a few steep sections.
Entrances to the west campus trails are at Prospect Mill Park, HCC’s Observatory, and the corner of Thomas Run Road and Jacob’s Well.
East campus trails can be accessed from the corner of Medical Hall Road and Thomas Run Road, by the College’s Science Pond near the A Lot, and at the intersection of Graduate Drive and Cross Campus Drive.
Hiking and mountain biking only, please.