Harford Community College will hold its Sixty-Six Annual Commencement Ceremony on Thursday, MAY 23, 2024.
The stage is set, and we are ready to honor Harford's Class of 2024. We are excited to share this celebration with all of you. Congratulate our graduates and celebrate with us—they have accomplished so much. The ceremony will recognize all AUG and DEC 2023 graduates and MAY and AUG 2024 candidates for graduation in the College’s associate degree and certificate programs.
On MAY 23, 2024, ceremonies will be held at 10 AM and 2 PM in the APGFCU Arena at Harford Community College for graduates of the following divisions:
10 AM Ceremony
Arts and Humanities
Behavioral and Social Sciences
2 PM Ceremony
Business and Applied Technology
Nursing and Allied Health Professions
Science, Technology, Engineering and Math
Visit the Academic Catalog, Programs of Study if you need assistance determining which division applies to you.
The Office of Student Life is seeking nominations of students for Harford's Outstanding Student Leadership Award and nominations of students whom you feel would be an inspiring Student Commencement Speaker. These may include students who graduated in AUG and DEC 2023, or are candidates for graduation in MAY or AUG 2024. Students can self-nominate or nominate a peer using the 2024 Commencement Honors Self-Nomination Form. The deadline for nominations is FEB 15.
- Arts and Humanities
- Behavioral and Social Sciences
- Business and Applied Technology
- Nursing and Applied Health Professions
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Math
Frequently Asked Questions
Graduation refers to the conferring of an academic degree. At Harford Community College, you must meet specific requirements to graduate, and you must apply for graduation. Commencement is an optional College-sponsored ceremony in which graduating students dress in regalia, process, and are formally conferred a degree or certification. To participate in the Commencement ceremony, you must meet all graduation requirements and reserve a spot in the ceremony. RSVPing for Commencement is a separate form from the graduation application.
To apply to graduate, please go to: OwlNet> My Academic Life > Quick Links> Forms> Application for Graduation. Deadline to apply is MAY 1, 2024.
To RSVP for commencement, starting APR 5th, please refer to the links above depending on the division you are receiving a degree/certificate in.
The college provides caps and gowns to all students that RSVP to commencement. Regalia will be able to be picked up at the bookstore MAY 6—20, excluding weekends. For hours, please visit the College Bookstore website.
While it is not the practice of the College to encourage the decoration or messaging of regalia at the Commencement ceremony, if it is your intention to do so, please do it tastefully and with respect for the dignity of the occasion. The College holds Commencement to celebrate the academic achievements of all the graduates of the Class of 2024. We ask that you recognize it as a formal and prestigious occasion and to hold the event in proper perspective.
Stoles and/or cords are provided by Honor Societies. If you are part of an Honor Society, you will receive information from your Honor Society advisor. If you believe you should have received an Honor Society stole or cord and have not, please reach out to your advisor or the Office of Student life at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students should arrive at the auxiliary gym in the Susquehanna, 1 hour before their ceremony start time. Bring limited belongings and leave them with guests before heading to the Auxiliary Gym. Belongings may not be stored in the Auxiliary Gym.
We recommend that graduates dress semi-casual or semi-formal depending on your level of comfort walking across the stage and being recorded/photographed wearing. Gowns are blue.
There are no tickets needed for guests to attend either Commencement Ceremony. Seating is first come, first serve.
Harford Community College is committed to promoting the full participation of all individuals with disabilities in the Commencement Ceremony. For disability-related accommodations, contact 443.412.2402 by Wednesday, MAY 1, 2024. Please find additional accommodation information below:
- Drop Off/Pick Up: The main entrance of the APGFCU Arena offers a convenient drop off/pick up option for guests.
- ADA Parking: Accessible parking is available in the S Lot closest to the Arena. A disability placard or disability license plate is required to park in these designated spaces.
- Ramp: In addition to the stairs leading from the parking lot to the main entrance of the Arena, there is a ramp to the left-hand side when facing the Arena.
- ADA Seating: Seating for individuals with wheelchairs is located in row A on the floor in bleacher sections B, C, L, and M, and on the concourse in row P in bleacher sections F, G, and H (under the flags).
- Elevator: Upon entering the Arena’s main entrance, the elevator is located just beyond the restrooms on the concourse.
- ASL Interpreting Available: Each ceremony will include live ASL interpreting services. Seats in Section B will be reserved for individuals utilizing these services.
- Large Print Programs: Large print programs are available upon request, as supplies last.
Congratulations, Harford Class of 2024! We're extremely proud of our newest graduates! We're recognizing you with a small gift from all of us here at Harford Community College.
If you participate in this year’s in-person Commencement Ceremony and take part in the formal portrait session, your digital portraits will be available for download at no cost as a small gift from all of us at Harford.