Harford Community College will hold its Sixty-Fifth Annual Commencement Ceremony on Thursday, May 25, 2023. The ceremony will recognize all August and December graduates and May graduation candidates in the College’s associate degree and certificate programs.
STAY TUNED FOR SPECIFIC INFORMATION AND TIMELINES COMING IN SPRING 2023.
General Commencement Information
Graduation refers to the conferring of an academic degree. At Harford Community College, you must meet specific requirements in order to graduate, and you must apply for graduation.
Commencement is an optional, college-sponsored ceremony in which graduating students dress in regalia, process, and are formally conferred a degree or certification.
In order to participate in the commencement ceremony, you must meet all graduation requirements and reserve a spot in the ceremony.
The College provides caps and gowns to all students that RSVP to commencement.
While it is not the practice of the College to encourage the decoration or messaging of caps at the commencement ceremony, if it is your intention to do so, please do it tastefully and with respect for the dignity of the occasion.
The College holds commencement to celebrate the academic achievements of all graduates. We ask that you recognize it as a formal and prestigious occasion and to hold the event in proper perspective.
- Students should arrive at the auxiliary gym in Susquehanna, 1 hour before their ceremony start time.
- We recommend that graduates dress semi-casual or semi-formal depending on your level of comfort walking across the stage and being recorded/photographed wearing. Gowns are blue.
- For students unable to attend their ceremony, we will accept photo submissions to be recognized during the recorded ceremony.
- Graduates will each receive 6 guest tickets when picking up their cap & gown at The College Store.
- Additional guest tickets may be requested beginning in early May by contacting Harford Community College’s Box Office: 443.412.2211 | email@example.com | in person at the Chesapeake Center.
- Box office hours are TUE–THU, 10 AM–3 PM. If no one is available, leave a message with your name, phone number, ceremony time, and how many tickets you are requesting. A staff member will get back to you promptly.
- Additional tickets are only available as supplies last.
Harford Community College is committed to promoting the full participation of all individuals with disabilities in the commencement ceremony.
For disability-related accommodations, contact 443.412.2402 and review accommodation information below:
Drop Off/Pick Up: The main entrance of the APGFCU Arena offers a convenient drop off/pick up option for guests.
ADA Parking: Accessible parking is available in the S Lot closest to the Arena. A disability placard or disability license plate is required to park in these designated spaces.
Ramp: In addition to the stairs leading from the parking lot to the main entrance of the Arena, there is a ramp to the left-hand side when facing the Arena.
ADA Seating: Seating for individuals with wheelchairs is located in row A on the floor in bleacher sections B, C, L, and M, and on the concourse in row P in bleacher sections F, G, and H (under the flags).
Elevator: Upon entering the Arena’s main entrance, the elevator is located just beyond the restrooms on the concourse.
ASL Interpreting Available: The ceremony will include live ASL interpreting services. Seats will be reserved for individuals utilizing these services.
Large Print Programs: Large print programs are available upon request, as supplies last.