Books/Print Materials and DVDs in Main Collection
- HCC Library will not charge overdue fines for books and media from the main collection;
however, if the item is not returned within 21 days after the final due date, the
borrower will receive a bill for the item. Borrowers are allotted two (2) automatic
renewals on borrowed items (for total of nine (9) weeks)
- Borrowers will receive three days’ notice before due date of materials
- Borrowers will receive their first overdue notice seven days after the due date
- Borrowers will receive their second overdue notice 14 days after the due date
- Borrowers will receive a bill for the replacement cost of the item(s) borrowed + $25.00 processing fee 21 days after the due date.
- All library equipment (laptops, graphing calculators, digital media, related accessories, etc.) not returned on time will incur a late fine of $10.00 per hour, maxing out at $50.00.
- If equipment is not returned, students are responsible for:
- Price of equipment
- Price of power cable
- Price of travel bag if applicable
- Any accrued fines
Holds & Collections
- All items that have been paid for MAY NOT be returned for a refund following completion of the payment process. Payments for lost items and materials are considered FINAL.
- A hold will be placed on the student’s account if fees for lost/unreturned items meet or exceed $50. A hold prevents the student from conducting business on campus, including registering for classes and/or obtaining transcripts.
- Each month, students with outstanding fees will be reported to the Bursar in HCC’s Finance & Accounting department to begin the Collection Agency process. After that point, students may negotiate with the Bursar and/or the Collection Agency to resolve outstanding replacement costs.