One Button Studio
Create your own videos. Fast. Easy. Free.
Credit students, faculty and staff may reserve the Library's One Button Studio to create videos. We are located in the Library, Room 125. Individuals or small groups (max 5 people) may reserve the room for up to 2 hours per day.
What is the One Button Studio?
The One Button Studio (OBS) is a simplified video recording setup that can be used without any previous video production experience. The design of the studio allows you to create high-quality and polished video projects without having to know anything about lights and cameras. You only need to bring your flash drive and push a single button!
HCC’s One Button Studios provide everything needed to create a polished video project:
- High definition camera
- High-directional condenser microphone
- Studio lighting
- Computer and projector for displaying presentations
- Slide advance remote
- Green screen
Uses for the Studio
- Record a presentation
- Record a speech
- Record an interview
- Create a pitch for a business class
- Just practice in front of the camera!
- Make introductory videos for class
- Record lectures
If you would like a tour of the studio, or digital media instruction for your students, please contact our Digital Media Specialist: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Know before you go...
- Bring a flash drive (At least 1 GB; must be formatted as FAT32 or HFS+)
- Make a reservation (See "Reserve the OBS" below).
- When you arrive, please visit our Digital Media Specialist in room L124 (right next to the One Button Studio) to have the studio unlocked. (If your appointment is after 4 PM, MON-FRI, please visit the Circulation or Information Desk on the 2nd floor to have the studio unlocked.)
- Please note that the OBS is not a video editing resource. If you plan to edit your video, you can use software available in our Digital Media Lab.