Request Materials from
HCPL + Beyond (InterLibrary Loan)
If you need an item that is not available at HCC Library or Harford County Public Library, you may request the item via InterLibrary Loan.
Who is Eligible?
This service is available to current Harford Comunity College credit students and employees who have a valid Harford Community College Library card and no unpaid fines. Community borrowers not affiliated with campus must place their ILL requests through their local public library branch.
Government documents not available in Harford Community College Library’s collections will be obtained on interlibrary loan for all patrons from the Regional Depository at McKeldin Library at University of Maryland, or from selective depository libraries in Maryland, Delaware, and District of Columbia region.
- Make sure that Harford Community College Library or HCPL does NOT own the item. For books & DVDs, check the HCC Library Catalog and HCPL Catalog. If available at HCPL, use the Request button from the Catalog. For articles, use Journals A-Z to see if the journal or periodical is available in print or online.
- If the item is NOT available at Harford Community College or HCPL Libraries, submit an Interlibrary Loan request in-person at the Harford Community College Library Circulation Desk, or electronically (see links above).
- Requests can take up to 3 weeks for delivery. If the request cannot be filled, you will be notified via email or phone.
- Borrowers will be notified by phone or email when the item has arrived.
- Items will be picked up and checked out at the Harford Community College Library Circulation Desk with your HCC Library card.
- Interlibrary Loan materials do NOT auto-renew. Contact 443-412-2042, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a renewal.
- Items owned by HCC Library or through reciprocal borrowing with Harford County Public Libraries (HCPL).
- Textbooks or other items available on Harford Community College Library Course Reserve
- HCC Library covers any costs for loans and copy fees from lending libraries supplying materials through InterLibrary Loan for HCC Credit Students and Employees.
- Any unreturned, lost, or damaged item is the financial responsibility of the borrower, not HCC Library.