from HCPL + Beyond (InterLibrary Loan)
If you need an item that is not available at HCC Library or Harford County Public Library, you may request the item via Interlibrary Loan.
Who is Eligible?
This service is available to all patrons who have a valid Harford Community College Library card and no unpaid fines.
- Make sure that Harford Community College Library or HCPL does NOT own the item. For books & DVDs, check the HCC Library Catalog and HCPL Catalog. If available at HCPL, use the Request button from the Catalog. For articles, use Journals A-Z to see if the journal or periodical is available in print or online.
- If the item is NOT available at Harford Community College or HCPL Libraries, submit an Interlibrary Loan request in-person at the Harford Community College Library Circulation Desk, or electronically (see links above).
- Requests can take up to 3 weeks for delivery. If the request cannot be filled, you will be notified via email or phone.
- Borrowers will be notified by phone or email when the item has arrived.
- Items will be picked up and checked out at the Harford Community College Library Circulation Desk.
- Interlibrary Loan materials do NOT auto-renew. Contact 443-412-2042, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a renewal.
- Items owned by Harford Community College or HCPL Libraries
- Textbooks or other items available on Harford Community College Library Course Reserve
- Community Borrowers and Harford Community College Noncredit Students: there is a $5.00 processing fee per Book or DVD request, which must be paid to the Circulation Desk at pick up; Also, some libraries will charge for lending a book or DVD or copying articles and you will need to pay that cost. Please list the maximum you are willing to pay.
- HCC Students, Faculty and Staff: The Harford Community College Library covers any costs for loans and copy fees from lending libraries supplying materials through Interlibrary Loan.
- Any unreturned, lost, or damaged item is the financial responsibility of the borrower.
Available during normal business hours.