Request from Another Library + InterLibrary Loan
If an item is not available at HCC or Harford County Public Libraries, you can submit an InterLibrary Loan request.
Policies + Guidelines
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- This service is available to current Harford Community College credit students and employees who have a valid Harford Community College Library card and no unpaid fines.
- Community borrowers not affiliated with campus must place requests through their local public library branch.
- Government documents not available in HCC Library’s collections will be obtained on interlibrary loan for all patrons from the Regional Depository at McKeldin Library at University of Maryland, or from selective depository libraries in Maryland, Delaware, and District of Columbia region.
HOW TO REQUEST MATERIALS FROM ANOTHER LIBRARY
- Please check that HCC Library or HCPL do NOT own the item. For books & DVDs, first check the HCC Library Catalog and HCPL Catalog. If item is available at HCPL, you can use the Request button in the Catalog.
- For articles, you can use Journals A-Z to see if the journal or periodical is available.
- If an item is NOT available at HCC or HCPL you can submit an Interlibrary Loan request in-person at the HCC Library Circulation Desk, or electronically (see request links above).
- Requests can take up to 3 weeks for delivery. If the request cannot be filled, you will be notified via email or phone.
- Borrowers will be notified by phone or email when the item has arrived.
- Items will be picked up and checked out at the HCC Library Circulation Desk with your HCC ID/Library Card.
- Interlibrary Loan materials do NOT auto-renew. Contact 443-412-2042, or email email@example.com to request a renewal.
ITEMS THAT CANNOT BE REQUESTED
- Items owned by HCC Library or through reciprocal borrowing with Harford County Public Libraries (HCPL).
- Textbooks or other items available on Harford Community College Library Course Reserve
- HCC Library covers any costs for loans and copy fees from lending libraries supplying materials through InterLibrary Loan for HCC Credit Students and Employees.
- Any unreturned, lost, or damaged item is the financial responsibility of the borrower, not HCC Library.