Information Literacy Program
The Library's Information Literacy Program offers a variety of services and resources to support and improve the information literacy skills of students, staff and faculty.
One-On-One Research Consultations
Students can request a One-On-One Research Consultation with a librarian. Faculty instructors sometimes refer students to this service if they feel the student would benefit from more in-depth research assistance. Schedule a Research Consultation
A librarian can be assigned to your in-person, online, or hybrid course as a resource for students, either through Blackboard or through other online components (discussion forums, blogs, etc.). Request Embedded Librarian
Faculty may request information literacy instruction. We will customize instruction based on your curriculum needs. All ENG 101 & 012 classes taught by adjuncts are automatically scheduled.
Our goal is to provide information that allows students and faculty to:
- Determine the nature and extent of the information needed
- Access needed information effectively and efficiently
- Evaluate information and its sources critically and incorporate selected information into his or her knowledge base and value system
- Use information effectively accomplish a specific purpose
- Access and use information ethically and legally
Available during normal business hours.