TEAS Nursing Placement
Successful completion of the TEAS test is a requirement for admission to the Harford Community College Nursing Program.
The Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) is a multiple-choice assessment of basic skills in the academic content areas of Reading, Mathematics, Science and English and Language usage and is offered only to students applying to Harford's nursing program who have: registered for the current or upcoming semester OR who have earned three credits at Harford Community College.
Registration typically opens in July for testing in August and in November for testing in January.
- Access the registration page.
- Register for TEAS online proctored by institution and read all of the information carefully.
- Fees for TEAS testing available on ATI website.
- Registration closes 24 hours before the testing date or when available seats are full.
- Students preparing to take the TEAS test must set up an account through ATI and enter a valid Harford Student ID number (example: H123456) in your profile page prior to testing.
- If you are not able to test during Harford's specified times, you may test through TEAS Online Proctored by ATI or In-Person Proctored by PSI.
- Test scores are valid for two years and are available online upon test completion. Log in to ATI to obtain your scores. Harford Community College will use the highest Adjusted Individual Score. You must have a minimum score of 58.7 to apply to Harford's Nursing Program . Contact your nursing advisor for more information.
- Students may take the TEAS up to three times within one year. Scores from additional attempts will not be accepted.
- If you tested at another school you may request to have your scores sent to Harford for a fee. The request should be made through the ATI store by selecting the TEAS Transcript option. TEAS scores sent via paper copy or attached with the application form will NOT be accepted.
- Arrive at the Test Center in Maryland Hall at least 15 minutes prior to the start of your scheduled TEAS.
- Have your valid photo ID and a writing utensil.
- All personal belongings including cellphones and smart watches should be locked up in the locker outside the Test Center.
- Please know your ATI login credentials (username and password)