Federal Work Study
The Federal Work Study Program (FWS) provides part-time jobs to students who have financial need, allowing them to earn money to help pay for educational expenses.
Federal Work Study jobs may be on campus, in community service agencies, or in the America Reads Program.
To be considered for Federal Work-Study, you must meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Possess a minimum 2.0 GPA and be in good financial aid standing.
- Have completed the FAFSA application for the current aid year and submitted all requested supporting documentation.
- Demonstrate financial need as determined by your
- FAFSA application.
- Be enrolled in at least one course in the semester you want to be employed.
How to Apply
If you meet all of the eligibility requirements, email email@example.com requesting student employment funds. Financial aid will confirm your eligibility status email you with next steps.
Finding a Job
Harford Community College offers several work study jobs on campus through the Financial Aid office. They and can also help you to apply for some that are off campus. If you have questions as to whether a job is eligible, contact them for assistance.
Federal Work Study Jobs
Students who have been awarded Federal Work Study hours as part of their financial aid package may choose to apply from the jobs listed below. Note that this list changes often. Check back or contact Financial Aid for the most updated list or for questions about a job you are interested in pursuing.
2023-2024 Federal Work Study Available Jobs:
- Athletic Support - Game Day Staff
- Financial Aid - Office Assistant
- Graphics Assistant
- Grounds Maintenance
- Laboratory Assistant
- LASOS Office Support
- My College Success Peer Assistant
- Photography Lab Assistant
- Preschool Assistant Teacher
- Student Marketing Leader
- Student Programming Leader
- Student Success Assistant
- Veterans Services - Office Clerk
- Workforce Education Marketing Associate