Associate of Arts in Teaching: 61–63 credits
Early Childhood/Early Childhood Special Education*
Elementary Education/Elementary Special Education*
Secondary Education: Chemistry | English
Mathematics | Physics | Spanish
Associate of Arts: 60 credits
Associate of Applied Science: 60 credits
Early Childhood Education*
Applied Disability Studies (formerly Paraeducation)
Certificate: 21 credits
Professional Education for Maryland Certification
* See below for FREE CCCPDF funding option for these programs.
443.412.2084 | firstname.lastname@example.org
You want to inspire and educate young people to help them achieve their potential. You feel called to teach and are motivated to pursue a diverse career opportunity that will help you achieve your goal.
At Harford Community College, we offer a variety of education degrees that prepare you for transfer to a four-year institution to complete your bachelor’s degree, and become certified to teach.
If becoming a teaching assistant is your ultimate goal, we offer an Applied Disability Studies degree that will help you get there. If you've already earned a bachelor’s degree and want to become a certified teacher we can help you get there as well.
Harford's small, student-centered, and flexible learning class options are the ideal learning environment for your teacher education studies.
The Child Care Career and Professional Development Fund (CCCPDF)
Open to all licensed Child Care employees in Maryland, CCCPDF is a tuition assistance program designed to support child care providers pursuing a degree in early childhood education.
This fund allow you to earn your degree for FREE through CCCPDF at Harford Community College in exchange for a service commitment of 10 hours per week while taking courses, and 24 months after graduation or 1 month per credit, whichever is less.
CCCPDF applicants must meet the following requirements to receive funds (COMAR 13A.14.09):
- Participate in the Maryland Child Care Credential Program at Level Two or higher
- Work in a licensed child care center or be a registered family child care provider in Maryland and work at least 10 hours per week
- Fulfill entrance requirements at the participating college of your choice
- Have at least one year of documented experience working with groups of children in an approved setting
- Maintain employment in child care in Maryland while participating in the Program
- Participate in professional development
- Agree to complete the child care service requirement in Maryland for at least 10 hours per week after completion of the degree and/or withdrawal from the fund
- Maintain at least a 2.50 cumulative GPA from the point of first entering the Program
Recipients are supported by Harford Community College through support personnel including CCCPDF Grant Coordinator and networking, as well as Harford's teacher education faculty and staff who assist recipients in successfully navigating the coursework
Recipients interested in continuing their education after completion of their degree program receive support in applying and transferring to a 4 year program.
First-time applications are due MAR 1. Continuation applications are due JUN 30. Transfer applications (students transferring from a participating 2-year college to a participating 4-year university) are due JUN 30.
First-time applications are processed on a first-come, first-served basis. Priority is given to applicants who have not yet completed any college courses for credit from an accredited college or university.
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO APPLY
CONTACT: Alyssa Ehrsam | email@example.com
WHAT CAN I DO WHEN I COMPLETE THESE PROGRAMS?
With a degree in education at Harford, you can prepare for transfer to a four-year institution to complete your bachelor's degree while gaining foundational knowledge in teacher education.
Top Transfer Schools
- University of Maryland
- Towson University
- McDaniel College
- Salisbury University
- Stevenson University
- Mt. Saint Mary's University
- Morgan State University
- Coppin State University
Transfer Program Agreements
- Elementary School Teacher
- Middle School Teacher
- High School Teacher
- Special Education Teacher
- Reading Teacher
- Pre-School Teacher
- Teaching Assistant
HOW DO I GET STARTED?
You've taken your first step into a larger world of possibility for you and your future. Now is the time! Reach out and apply, request more information, or visit our campus.