Harford Community College and Harford County Public Schools Sign Memorandum of Understanding
31 August 2022
Dr. Theresa B. Felder, Harford Community College President, and Dr. Sean Bulson, Superintendent of Harford County Public Schools (HCPS), recently signed a Memorandum of Understanding to further the Dual Enrollment program, by which certain HCPS students may enroll in Harford Community College courses to earn college credit. At the present time, the MOU applies to credit courses only. There is no longer a cap on the number of courses eligible for the discount. A separate MOU will be developed for noncredit certification or license programs or courses that lead to certification or licensure as defined by the Blueprint for Maryland’s Future.
For eligible students:
- Harford Community College will waive 25% tuition per credit hour for college credit bearing courses.
- Harford County Public Schools will pay 25% tuition per credit hour and textbook costs for college credit bearing courses.
- Students will pay the remaining 50% per credit hour for college credit bearing courses.
An HCPS student may qualify for a tuition discount if they meet the following criteria:
- The student has a 2.0 unweighted cumulative Grade Point Average to date and 90% attendance for the current or previous year, or
- HCPS may waive these requirements due to extenuating circumstances.
Harford County Public Schools will be responsible for the identification of students who qualify for the tuition benefits based on the Student Enrollment Options.
To meet the College’s eligibility requirements for credit courses, the HCPS student must meet course prerequisites as detailed in the Harford Community College Catalog.
The College will be responsible for the identification of students who qualify to take college-level classes.