Assistant Professor Biology
- Ph.D. in Physiology, The Pennsylvania State University
- M.S. in Physiology, The Pennsylvania State University
- B.S. in Biology, The Pennsylvania State University
- Course-based undergraduate research experiences (CUREs)
- Molecular endocrinology
González-Mariscal I, Montoro RA, Doyle ME, Liu QR, Rouse M, O'Connell JF, Santa-Cruz
Calvo S, Krzysik-Walker SM, Ghosh S, Carlson OD, Lehrmann E, Zhang Y, Becker KG, Chia
CW, Ghosh P, Egan JM (2018) Absence of cannabinoid 1 receptor in beta cells protects against high-fat/high-sugar
diet-induced beta cell dysfunction and inflammation in murine islets. Diabetologia. 61(6):1470-1483.
Krzysik-Walker SM, González-Mariscal I, Scheibye-Knudsen M, Indig FE, Bernier M (2013) The biarylpyrazole compound AM251 alters mitochondrial physiology via proteolytic degradation of ERRα. Molecular Pharmacology. 83(1):157-66.
Krzysik-Walker SM, Hadley JA, Pesall JE, McFarland
DC, Vasilatos-Younken R, Ramachandran R. (2011). Nampt/visfatin/PBEF affects expression of myogenic regulatory factors and is regulated by interleukin-6 in chicken skeletal muscle cells. Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology - Part A: Molecular & Integrative Physiology. 159(4):413-21.
- BIO 119- Biology for Allied Health Professionals
- Bio 203- Anatomy and Physiology I
- BIO 204- Anatomy and Physiology II
- Co-PI, NSF BIOTECH Pathways