EducationProfessor Seidel graduated from Washington College with a BS (Chemistry) and went on to earn his PhD (Chemistry) under Peter Stang at the University of Utah.
- BS, Washington College
- PhD, University of Utah
- Conducting original research with undergraduates
- Self-Assembly of transition metal-mediated rings, cages, and polymers
- Multi-Zonal Crystalline Systems
- Chemical Education
Seidel, S. R.; Stang, P. J. “High-Symmetry Coordination Cages via Self-Assembly”; Accounts of Chemical Research 2002, 35, 972-983.
Seidel, S. R.; Zaiksowki, L. “Coordination-Driven Self-Assembly”. In Chemical Evolution II: From Origins of Life to Modern Society; Oxford; 2009; 249-268.
Zaikowski, L.; Friedrich, J. M.; Seidel, S. R. (Eds.) Chemical Evolution II: From Origins of Life to Modern Society; Oxford; 2009.
Kuehl, C. J.; Kryschenko, Y. K.; Radhakrishnan, U.; Seidel, S. R.; Huang, S. D.; Stang, P. J. “Self-Assembly of Nanoscopic Coordination Cages of D3h Symmetry”; Proceedings of the National Academy of Science 2002, 99, 4932-4936.
- General Chemistry I, CHEM 111
- General Chemistry II, CHEM 112
- Preparatory Chemistry, CHEM 010