Assistant Professor Mathematics
I was a student at Harford Community College (HCC) that continued to work there as a tutor, then an adjunct, and eventually a full time faculty member. My discipline is Physics with a focus in optics, however, I am a member of the Math Faculty at HCC. I currently teach math courses ranging from non-credit math up through differential equations, with a focus on Calculus and above.
- AA, Harford Community College
- BA, Towson University
- MA, University of Maryland Baltimore County
- PhD, University of Maryland Baltimore County
- Nonlinear optics- metamaterials, nonlinear refraction and absorption, and other nonlinear optical processes.
- Biomedical Optics-Virus inactivation, cancer detection, glucose mid-infrared detectors
Burkins, R. Kuis, I. Basaldua, A. M. Johnson, S. R. Swaminathan, D. Zhang, and S.
Trivedi, “Thermally managed Z-scan methods investigation of the size-dependent nonlinearity
of graphene oxide in various solvents,” J. Opt. Soc. Am. B 33, 2395-2401 (2016)
Kingsley, R. Kuis, R. Perez, I. Basaldua, P. Burkins, A. Marcano, and A. M. Johnson, Oxygen-dependent laser inactivation of murine norovirus using visible light lasers. Virology Journal 15, 117 (2018).
- Math 025 STEM Track II
- Math 026 STEM Track III
- Math 027 STAT Track Mathematics
- Math 203 Calculus 1
- Math 204 Calculus 2
- Math 208 Elementary Differential Equations
- Math 210 Discrete Structures
- Math 212 Calculus w/Applications