Associate Professor Associates Degree Nursing
- BSN, Stevenson University
- MSN, Notre Dame of Maryland University
- Simulation in Nursing Education
- Transition to practice
- Health Disparities
- Improving Survival after Cardiac Arrest
Powers, J. & Schenk, L. (2021). Escaping Reality: Using Virtual Escape Rooms to Challenge and Engage Students. Synchronous virtual session to be presented at AFACCT Annual Conference.
Powers, J. (2020). The Quick Case Study: An Effective Method for Developing Critical Thinking in the Classroom. Poster Presentation at the MNA Year of the Nurse 2020 Educational Summit.
Powers, J. & Amig, A. (2016). Innovative four-prong model continues to drive positive patient safety and fiscal outcomes. Poster presented at the Maryland Organization of Nurse Executives Annual Meeting, Ellicott City, MD.
Mikula, A., Jones, C., Neverdon, A., Black, C., Powers, J. (2016). The effect of MRSA screenings on cost-effectiveness and infection control in acute care settings. Poster presentation at the MNA 112 Annual Nursing Conference, Linthicum Heights, MD.
- Nursing 211: Medical-Surgical Nursing III
- Nursing 210: Medical-Surgical Nursing II
- Nursing 105: Medical-Surgical Nursing I