Associate Professor Cntr Excellence Teaching & Learning
Jeff is the Director of the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning at HCC, as well as an Associate Professor of Art History in the Art + Design Program. He came to HCC in the Fall 2012 semester and has taught art history at the college level since 1988. Jeff earned a MA in art history from the Department of Art History and Archaeology at the University of Missouri and he co-authored a book on the decorations for the Missouri Capitol that was published in 2011 by the University of Missouri Press. He also has curated several shows for the museums and galleries at the schools where he has worked, including several for both the Hays-Heighe House and the Chesapeake Gallery at Harford Community College.
- BA, Washington and Lee University
- MA, University of Missouri-Columbia
- Public Art and Architecture of the United States
- Higher Education Professional Development
“Voices of Change: Social Protest Through the Arts and Humanities,” Curated exhibition
for the Hays-Heighe House, Harford Community College, November 2015-April 2016.
“Pressure Marks: Modern and Contemporary Prints,” Curated exhibition for the Chesapeake Gallery, Harford Community College, Summer 2015.
Jeff Ball and Bob Priddy, The Art of the Missouri State Capitol: History in Canvas, Bronze, and Stone. University of Missouri Press, 2011.
- ART 201 – History of Art-Ancient and Medieval
- ART 202 – History of Art-Renaissance to Modern
- ART 203 – Arts and Architecture of the United States
- ART 239 – Asian Art and Society
- ART 240 – Modern Art and Society
- Art + Design