AboutMy main interests include ecology and conservation biology with a focus on reptiles and amphibians and am involved in research and monitoring projects with various non-profit organizations and government agencies. At HCC, I hope to communicate both excitement and a thorough understanding of our amazing natural world, and my preferred teaching methods usually include providing hands-on experiences in the "outdoor classroom", where biological principles and research techniques can be illustrated effectively in real-time. I also enjoy nature photography, hiking, kayaking, brewing beer, and spending time with family.
- B.S. Biology and Animal Behavior, Juniata College
- M.A. Ecology and Environmental Science, Central Connecticut State University
- Wildlife ecology
- Conservation Biology
- Science Communication
Scholarly/Creative WorkAdams, A., Garrison, J., McDaniel, S., Bueche, E., & Howell, H. (2020). Don’t tread on me: an examination of the anti-predatory behavior of the Eastern copperhead (Agkistrodon contortrix). Acta Herpetologica, 15(1), 31-37.
Adams, A., Adams, J., Bray, J., Imbierowicz, T., Lenhart, S., Martin, B. (2020) Using Linear Regression to Explore Environmental Factors Affecting Vector-borne Diseases. QB@CC Spring 2020 Incubator 5, QUBES Educational Resources. doi:10.25334/3Y6Y-4C52
- BIO 100 – Foundations of Biology
- BIO 107 – General Zoology
- BIO 121 – General Biology II
- ENV 111 – Introduction to Environmental Science
- ENV 112 – Environmental Science Lab
- ENV 220 – Principles of Environmental Analysis
- ENV 225 – Environmental Problems
- Environmental Science