ATHENA Leadership Award Nominations Now Open
20 November 2023
The ATHENA Leadership Awards, which will be presented on March 1, 2024, at the Richlin Ballroom, recognize exemplary leadership by an individual or organization for their excellence in their business or profession, service to the community in a meaningful way and, most importantly, actively assisting women to achieve their full leadership potential. To nominate an individual, business or organization for one of the ATHENA Leadership Awards, please visit https://go.harford.edu/foundationevents. Nominations are sought throughout the community and recipients are selected by a diverse group of community leaders based on the criteria below.
ATHENA LEADERSHIP AWARD
The ATHENA Leadership Award is presented to an individual who is recognized for professional excellence, for providing valuable service to their community and for actively assisting women in their attainment of professional excellence and leadership skills. The ATHENA Award highlights what recipients have accomplished in addition to paving a path for future successes. ATHENA Leadership Award nominees must meet each of the following three criteria:
- Demonstrate excellence, creativity and initiative in their business or profession
- Provide valuable service to improve the quality of life for others in their community
- Actively assist women in achieving their full leadership potential
ATHENA YOUNG PROFESSIONAL LEADERSHIP AWARD
The ATHENA Young Professional Leadership Award honors emerging leaders, 40 years old or younger. ATHENA Young Professional Leadership nominees are emerging women leaders who meet each of the following criteria:
- Demonstrate excellence, creativity and initiative in her business or profession
- Provide valuable service to improve the quality of life for others in her community
- Clearly serve as a role model for young women both personally and professionally
ATHENA ORGANIZATIONAL LEADERSHIP AWARD – NEW in 2024
The ATHENA Organizational Leadership Award recognizes businesses and organizations that are woman owned/led and that support, develop and honor women leaders. ATHENA Organizational Leadership nominees are business or organizations that meet each of the following criteria:
- Create an organizational culture that encourages women employees to achieve their full leadership potential
- Give back to the larger community of women and girls by providing and/ or supporting leadership development opportunities and initiatives
Founded over 30 years ago, ATHENA International is a women’s leadership organization that supports, develops and honors women leaders through the programs it administers. ATHENA’s flagship program, the ATHENA Leadership Award Program, has honored over 7,000 women leaders from hundreds of cities and eight countries since its inception in 1982. The program is facilitated locally by the Harford Community College Foundation, a licensed ATHENA host organization.
If you have any questions regarding the ATHENA Leadership Awards or the ATHENA Leadership Awards Breakfast, please contact Casey Snyder at firstname.lastname@example.org.