Harford Community College Board of Trustees Approves Tenure/Promotions for HCC Faculty
31 August 2022
Dr. Theresa B. Felder, President of Harford Community College, is pleased to announce that the Board of Trustees approved the following tenure requests for faculty.
- Claudia Brown, Professor of Mass Communications
- John Donahue, Associate Professor of Sociology
- Dr. Ben Fisler, Professor of Theater & Performing Arts
- Regina Johnson, Associate Professor of English
- Cynthia Kelley, Associate Professor of Health & Physical Education
- AnnMarie Profili, Associate Professor of Paralegal Studies
The Board of Trustees grants tenure to those who have satisfied all requirements for tenure and who have been recommended by their division dean, the tenure & promotion committee, the vice president for academic affairs, and the president. Final tenure decisions are made at the end of five years of employment.
The Board approved promotion requests for the following faculty at the May 10 meeting: Cynthia Lewis, Associate Professor of Business and Accounting, Business and Applied Technology, has been promoted to the rank of Professor. In addition, Regina Johnson, Assistant Professor of English, Arts and Humanities; Dr. Richard Johnson, Assistant Professor of Music, Arts and Humanities; Dr. Janice Mahinka, Assistant Professor of Music, Arts and Humanities; and AnnMarie Profili, JD, Assistant Professor of Paralegal Studies, Behavioral and Social Sciences, have been promoted to the rank of Associate Professor.
Tenure and promotions were effective August 15, 2022.