Assistant Professor English
Prof. Brock-Cancellieri has been teaching both face-to-face and online English courses at HCC since 2007. He was part of the inaugural class earning a Certificate of Online Adjunct Teaching from Maryland Online, and is recognized for meeting Quality Matter review certification. He has represented the Arts Humanities on the Learning Assessment Committee and as a member of the Division’s Assessment Team. He is lead instructor for ENG 102, and also a Safe Zone ally.
- Mary Washington College, Fredericksburg, VA. B.A. in English
- University of New Orleans, New Orleans, LA. M.A. in Political Science
- American Literature
- Virtual Learning and Course Design
- Intersections between Literature and Film or Music
“Oh the Humanities’: Integrating Past and Present Civil Rights Movements into English
Composition to Improve Critical Thinking.” AFACCT, Catonsville, MD, 2020.
‘So Say We All’: Using Three Incarnations of Battlestar Galactica to Teach Analysis Skills in the Composition Classroom.” 4th Annual Popular Culture Conference, Rutland, VT, 2015.
- ENG 012 – Basic Writing
- ENG 101 – English Composition
- ENG 102 – English Composition and Literature
- ENG 109 – English Composition: Research Writing
- ENG 209 – Technical Writing
- ENG 237 – Literature to Film