Auditions information for the Harford Dance Theatre & Phoenix Festival Theater productions.
Information on upcoming events can be found at: tickets.harford.edu
HARFORD DANCE THEATRE
SUNDAY, JUNE 12, 2022
Susquehanna Dance Studio
HARRIET’S HAPPIEST HALLOWEEN
Directed by: Bambi Johnson
Harford Dance Theatre will hold auditions for Harriet’s Happiest Halloween on Sunday,
June 12 in the Susquehanna Dance Studio
[Room 212] on the campus of Harford Community College.
- Registration begins at 9:30 AM
- Auditions will be 10 AM – 12:30 PM
- Callbacks take place 12:30-1:30 PM
- Performance Dates: October 13-16, 2022
Dancers 13 years of age and older may audition.
Dancers should wear appropriate dance attire and bring dance shoes for all styles of dance for which they wish to be considered.
Combinations will be taught at the audition.
PHOENIX FESTIVAL THEATER
Phoenix Festival Theater is holding auditions for GREASE on Monday June 20th and Tuesday June 21st from 6 to 9 PM. Call backs will be on Wednesday, June 22nd at 6pm. Actors high school age and older are encouraged to audition.
Auditions will be held in the Chesapeake Theater at Harford Community College.
Auditions are open to the public; all roles are open. For auditions, please prepare 32 bars of a song that showcases your voice. Please bring an instrumental accompaniment track to sing along to. Be prepared to learn four 8-counts of dance if the role you are auditioning for requires it. Actors may be asked to read a portion of the script. Rehearsals will begin the end of June. Please bring a list of all potential conflicts for July, August and September. You are encouraged to provide a resume of your onstage experience. Auditions are first-come first-served each day and sign up begins 15 minutes prior to the start time.
Cathy Koncurat is the director of the musical, which will be performed September 16-18th and 23-25th. The musical director is Lashelle Bray. Leslie Perry is the choreographer, and Emily Jewett is the stage manager.
Please contact Suzie Thompson, firstname.lastname@example.org, with any questions.
A character breakdown follows:
- DANNY ZUKO: Male, High School Teen (Range: tenor, D4– B5) The leader of the Burger Palace Boys; good-looking, strong and confident, with an air of easy-going charm
- SANDY DUMBROWSKI: Female, High School Teen (Range: Soprano, A3–F#5) New girl in town; sweet, wholesome, naive, cute, and innocent
- BETTY RIZZO: Female, High School Teen (Range: Alto A3– C5) Leader of the Pink Ladies; tough, sarcastic and outspoken but vulnerable
- FRENCHY: Female, High School Teen (Range: Alto, A3–D5) A dreamer; good-natured but not too smart, she is heavily made up, fussy about her appearance, particularly her hair. She can't wait to finish high school so she can be a beautician
- MARTY: Female, High School Teen (Range Alto, C4–C5) The 'beauty' of the Pink Ladies; pretty and looks older than the other girls, but betrays her real age when she opens her mouth. She tries to act sophisticated.
- JAN: Female, High School Teen (Range: Alto, A3-C5) Funny, loud, compulsive eater and awkward member of the Pink Ladies. Loud and pushy with the girls, but shy with boys
- DOODY: Male, High School Teen (Range: Tenor, D4-A5) The youngest of the guys; small, boyish and open, with a disarming smile and a hero-worshipping attitude towards the other guys. He also plays the guitar.
- KENICKIE: Male, High School Teen (Range: Tenor, C4–F5) The second in command of the Burger Palace Boys; tough-looking, tattooed, surly and avoids any show of softness. He has an offbeat sense of humor.
- SONNY LATIERRI: Male, High School Teen (Range: baritone, G3–A5) A member of the Burger Palace Boys; funny Italian-American, he is a braggart and wheeler-dealer who thinks he's a real lady-killer
- ROGER: Male, High School Teen (Range: Tenor, D4-A5) The anything-for-a-laugh stocky type of boy; a clown who enjoys winding people up, he is full of mischief and is always dreaming up half-baked schemes and ideas
- VINCE FONTAINE: Male, High School Teen (Range: Ensemble/Part Flexible) A typical 'teen audience' disc jockey; slick, egotistical and fast-talking. He is also a veteran 'Greaser.'
- CHA-CHA, aka CHARLENE DIGREGORIO: Female, High School Teen (Range: Alto, C4–C5) The best dancer at St. Bernadette's; a loudmouth, she wins the dancing competition with Danny.
- EUGENE FLORCZYK: Male, High School Teen (Range: Tenor, A3– E5) The class valedictorian; physically awkward, with weak eyes and a high-pitched voice. He's a typical 'apple-polisher' - both smug and pompous, but gullible.
- JOHNNY CASINO: Male, High School Teen (Range: Tenor, G4- E5) All-American, rock-star “greaser” student at Rydell High, whose real name is Clarence
- MISS LYNCH: Female, Age Flexible (Range: Ensemble/Part Flexible) A no-nonsense, serious, loud, English teacher
- PATTY SIMCOX: Female, High School Teen (Range: Alto, D4- A4) A typical cheerleader; attractive, athletic, sure-of-herself, but can be given to bursts of disconcerting enthusiasm. She's a bit of a pain and unpopular with the Pink Ladies, and can twirl a baton.
- TEEN ANGEL: Male, Age Flexible (Range: Tenor, E4–F5) Frenchy's suave and slick guardian angel, who encourages her to stay in school.
- THE PINK LADIES: Ensemble (SATB) The club-jacketed, gum-chewing, hip-swinging girls' gang who hang around with the Burger Palace Boys.
- THE BURGER PALACE BOYS: Ensemble (SATB) A super-cool, hard-looking group of high school wheeler-dealers... or so they think. Radio Voice: Male, Age Flexible (Range: Tenor, A3–C5) A Radio Voice
Accessibility: Harford Community College is committed to promoting the full participation of all individuals with disabilities at the event. For disability-related accommodations, contact 443-412-2211 at least two weeks in advance. If you have any questions, please contact Suzie Thompson at email@example.com.