College Archives Program
Discover the rich history of Harford Community College.
The College Archives holds material that documents governance and administration, student life and cultural contributions, and the development of College buildings and grounds. You can find records of Harford’s reorganizations; student newspapers; Board of Trustees minutes; programs from theatrical productions; records of shared governance; the work of the curriculum committee; yearbooks and literary magazines; and much more.
The archives are located on the first floor of the Library. Ask at the first floor information desk.
The College Archives are the center of our College’s institutional memory and a guide to its past. The role of the College Archives is to select, arrange, preserve, and provide access to materials of historical value concerning the development and growth of Harford Community College. This includes, but is not limited to, administrative publications and papers; student materials and publications; photograph collections; and official publications such as handbooks, course catalogs, and yearbooks. Archivists carefully follow rigorous standards to select materials appropriate to the mission of the Archives.
Explore digital collections, view finding aids, and request physical documents in the Library.
Use finding aids to navigate physical documents:
The following finding aids provide descriptions of the materials in the College Archives, including a history of the unit, the years and subjects covered, and their location.
- Record Group I: Board of Trustees
- Record Group II: President's Office
- Record Group III: Shared Governance
- Record Group IV: Student Development
- Record Group V: Academic Affairs / Instruction
- Record Group VI: Institutional Research
- Record Group VII: Marketing, Development & Community Relations
- Record Group VIII: Finance, Operations & Government Relations
- Record Group IX: Ceremonies, Celebrations & Special Events
- Record Group X: Audiovisual Materials
- Record Group XI: Cultural Events & Performing Arts
Please note that we require 24 hours after you complete the form to pull and prepare materials.
The Library is always interested in obtaining materials that relate to the College's history. If you have materials to donate or transfer to the College Archives, please complete the Donate and Transfer form and contact the Library.
Available during normal business hours.