AboutProfessor Imbierowicz teaches biology and environmental science courses. She has a passion for mentoring and engaging students in experiential learning opportunities. Her innovative teaching and engagement strategies have been recognized by receiving the Northeastern Maryland Technology Council Visionary Award, National Association of Biology Two-Year Teaching Award, and NISOD Excellence in Teaching Award. She serves as Principal Investigator for the National Science Foundation S-STEM grant award. She serves the community through appointments to the Harford County Environmental Advisory Board and Deer Creek Watershed Association.
- Ph.D. (Cand.), Leadership in Higher Education, Notre Dame of Maryland University
- M.S., Biological Sciences, Towson University
- B.S., Biological Sciences, Towson University
- Aquatic biology and watershed science
- Co-curricular experiential learning
- Course-based undergraduate research experiences
- Mentoring and engaging STEM community college students
Scholarly/Creative WorkAdams, A., Adams, J. A., Bray, J. J., Imbierowicz, T., Lenhart, S., Martin, B. (2020). Using Linear Regression to Explore Environmental Factors Affecting Vector-borne Diseases. QB@CC Spring 2020 Incubator 5, QUBES Educational Resources. doi:10.25334/3Y6Y-4C52
Imbierowicz, T.,Adams, A., and Anderson, K. (2018). Fundamentals of Biology Laboratory Manual. Academx Publishing.
DUE NSF S-STEM Grant Proposal, STEM “High-Intensity Student Engagement Model” (HIStEM), $648,953. Award 1643498. (2017-2022). Imbierowicz (PI), S. King J. Madden, and E. Bucklin (Co-PI).
- BIO 121 General Biology II
- BIO 100 Fundamentals of Biology
- ENV 111 Environmental Science
- BIO 193 Independent Study: Biology
- ENV 193 Independent Study: Environmental Science
- Environmental Science