Transfer Services

My Transfer Plan: Prepare for successful transfer to a four-year institution by meeting with your academic advisor early and often throughout your time at HCC.

HCC - Towson University North East Partnership

HCC's 2+2 articulation agreement with Towson University North East, along with the state-of-the-art TUNE building on our HCC campus enable students to earn both their associate degree and their bachelor's degree without leaving Harford County. Students interested in one of the compatible programs listed below meet with their academic advisor to coordinate an academic plan and to make sure all of the required courses are met. Once students earn their associate degree at Harford, they walk across the road and start their bachelor's program. Attend a TUNE Open House.

Towson University Academic Program  Maximum Transfer Credit for 2+2 Program at Harford Community College 

Business Administration, Leadership & Management

 A.S. in Business Administration

Family and Human Services – Services to Children and Youth

A.A. in Sociology – General Sociology Track 

 Family and Human Services - Services to Children and Youth

 A.A. in Sociology - Social Work Track

Information Technology

A.A.S. in Computer Information Systems 


A.T.B. in Nursing 


A.A. in Psychology (See your Advisor for information)

     Sociology/Anthropology - Criminal Justice Track      A.A. in Criminal Justice

 Transfer Planning Resources

  • Choose to register for courses that will satisfy the completion requirements of both HCC and your intended four-year college or university. For transfer to Maryland schools, follow the recommended course sequence for your degree program at HCC and then utilize Articulation Agreements, ARTSYS, faculty advisors and your assigned academic advisor each semester when planning your course schedule.
  • The year before your anticipated transfer, attend transfer fairs, visit transfer schools, and talk to transfer/admission representatives. Education is costly, so shop wisely!
  • Apply on time! Submit your applications and all official college transcripts to the colleges you are considering by the application deadlines.  Request copies of your official transcripts through the My Academic Life Tab on OwlNet.

Additional Transfer Services Available to You:

  • Guide to Using ARTSYS (The Articulation System) - a computerized transfer articulation system which provides search for majors, course equivalencies, and recommended transfer programs between HCC and the University System of Maryland.
  • Knowledgeable advisors experienced in transfer policies and procedures.
  • Transfer Guides to most of the University System of Maryland Schools and many area private institutions.
  • Online College Search Assistance.
  • Connection to Career Services to assist you with selecting a transfer program that will support your career goals.
  • Reverse Transfer - Academic credits for course work completed at a 4-year institution may be transferred back to Harford Community College to satisfy the requirements to complete an associate's degree.

University System of Maryland

For more information on the University System of Maryland or to peruse their universal application, visit the University System of Maryland.