Audience menu for:
Section: Student Support
Student Support menu:
You must show a valid photo ID, before being given a test. Please see the Photo ID Requirements to determine the type of ID required.
Recent high school graduates will be required to complete an iPlan session. For more information, visit the link on "Getting Started" at the Admissions website or contact the Admissions Office at 443-412-2109.
Students who have not completed College Level English or Math, nor earned qualifying SAT or ACT scores, may be referred to the Test Center to complete the Academic Skills Assessment. Please see the table below for exemptions in taking the Academic Skills Assessment.
Note: Effective for Spring 2016 semester, qualifying college level SAT scores for Math and Critical Reading are 500 or higher.
Some Continuing Education Certificate-seeking students planning to register for classes must have the related academic skills. Contact the Continuing Education Department at
443-412-2376 to find out the required assessments needed to register for classes.
Qualifying scores in SAT, ACT, PARCC, Accuplacer, AP or IB tests give students a College and Career Readiness designation.
The table below shows CCR designation in English and Math:
You have CCR designation in:
If you meet one of the following:
* SAT Critical Reading or Evidence-Based Reading and Writing
score of 500 or higher
* ACT English and Reading score of 21 or higher
* PARCC English 10 OR 11 score of 4 or higher
* AP English Language & Composition OR
English Literature & Composition score of 3 or higher
* IB Lang. A: Literature SL or HL OR Lang. A: Language & Literature SL or HL score of 4
* Accuplacer Sentence Skills score of 90 or higher and
Accuplacer Reading score of 79 or higher
* SAT Math Score of 500 or higher
* ACT Math Score of 21 or higher
* PARCC Algebra II score of 4 or higher
* AP Calculus AB/BC OR Statistics OR Computer Science score of
3 or higher
* IB Math Studies or Math SL/HL OR Further Math score of 4 or
* Accuplacer Elementary Algebra score of 70 or higher OR Accuplacer College Level Math score of 45 or higher
Note: You are exempt from taking the Academic Skills Assessment if you meet the CCR requirements indicated above or have earned an Associate or Baccalaureate degree (Transcript required).
You may retest 24 hours after the initial test. After two attempts within a two year period a $25 proctoring fee will be assigned for all subsequent attempts. For more information, contact the Test Center at 443-412-2352.
Assessment scores, SAT scores and ACT scores are valid for a period of two years. If you do not begin the appropriate course sequence within the two year period, you must repeat the assessment.
Join the conversation
on social media:
Harford Community College
401 Thomas Run Road
Bel Air, MD 21015
©2017 Harford Community College.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.