How to Apply for VA Benefits

How to apply for VA Educational Benefits

Visit the United States Department of Veterans Affairs website and complete the application or call the United States Department of Veterans Affairs and speak with a Veterans Benefits Counselor at 1-888-GI-BILL-1 (1-888-442-4551).

After eligibility has been determined by the VA a certificate or eligibility letter explaining individual educational benefits will be sent to the student

VA Educational Benefits Certification at Harford Community College

In order to be certified for VA education benefits through Harford Community College, the following must be submitted to Harford Community College’s Veterans Services office:

The VA Enrollment Form must be submitted each semester that a student plans to use his or her educational benefits. Students will not automatically be certified from one semester to another. VA students must notify Harford’s Veterans Services of any change in their enrollment.

Veterans Affairs, Buffalo Regional Processing Office

(For Chapters 30, 33, 35, 1606 and 1607)

PO Box 4616
Buffalo, NY 14240-4616
Phone: 1-888-GI_BILL-1 (442-4551)

Veterans Affairs- Baltimore Regional Office

(For Chapter 31- Vocational Rehabilitation)
31 Hopkins Plaza
Baltimore, MD 21201
Phone: 1-800-827-1000