Reverse Transfer

Students who have earned 15 or more credits at HCC and have transferred to a four-year institution without an associates degree may “reverse transfer” the earned credits from the four-year institution to complete an associate’s degree. This process makes it possible for students to earn an associate’s degree as they continue to work toward completing their bachelor’s degree.

Steps for students interested in reverse transfer:

  1. Complete the Reverse Transfer Graduation Application and submit to the Registration & Records Office by the published deadline;**
  2. Submit official transcripts from transfer schools directly to Harford Community College at 401 Thomas Run Road Bel Air, MD 21015;
  3. After official transcripts have been evaluated by HCC, contact Advising, Career and Transfer Services to discuss reverse transfer and determine if requirements have been met to complete an associate's degree from Harford Community College.

**Application for graduation must be filed with the Registration and Records Office no later than March 1 for May graduation, June 1 for August graduation, and October 1 for December graduation.

Frequently Asked Questions

Ask a Question About Reverse Transfer