Registration & Records FAQs

What is OwlNet?

OwlNet a one-stop area to access email, learn about campus events, receive important campus announcements, and conduct college business transactions.

  • Register, add and/or drop credit classes
  • Register and add noncredit classes
  • View Student Class Schedule
  • View Student Holds
  • View Unofficial Transcript
  • Request Official Transcripts
  • View Grades
  • View Financial Aid Information
  • View Personal Information
  • View Account Information
  • Pay Account Balances Online with Credit Card

How do I request my transcripts from Harford Community College? By mail, FAX (443-412-2169), in person or login to OwlNet. Turn around time is 3-5 working days.

When will my semester grades be posted?

Typically it takes about 3 days after the last day of the semester or term; however some parts of term (2nd 5-week classes) may take longer. Since grade mailers will not be sent, you can view or print your grades and transcripts online through OwlNet.

What is a deficiency?

Deficiencies are provided by faculty to students who are exhibiting D or F course work during the semester. Deficiency reports for D or F academic performance are provided to students at the midpoint of a course.

The deficiency is noted in OwlNet on the My Academic Life tab, My Grades channel. It is important that you discuss academic progress with your instructor.

You may choose to withdraw from class (no refund granted) by the official withdrawal deadline, but it is important to determine the impact on your financial aid award.

When can I apply for enrollment?

Harford Community College has an open policy of enrollment. For best selection of courses, apply by June 1 for fall semester, November 1 for the spring semester and April 1 for summer sessions.

I have applied; what do I do now?

After applying, you will receive an acceptance letter with information on how to log in to OwlNet along with information regarding assessment and advising.

Please read the information and enrollment steps for further information.

I have registered for classes; what do I do now?

Make sure you have paid your bill. Since you will not receive course confirmation, you can view/print your class schedule and view/print and pay your bill online through OwlNet.

I have attended more than one college but all my credits are on one transcript. Can I send just one?

Please send an official transcript from each college you have attended. Only official transcripts issued less than 12 months prior to submission to the Registration and Records Office will be reviewed for evaluation of transfer credit. Please contact each institution for information on how to request your transcripts to be sent to Harford Community College.

How long does it take to review my transcripts for evaluation of transfer credits?

It takes approximately 21 days from the date we receive your transcript. Once your transcript has been evaluated, you will receive confirmation to your Harford Community College student OwlMail account.

I have training from the military. Can I receive credit for this?

Yes. Have an official transcript sent to us, and we will evaluate it once you have completed 3 credits in residence at Harford Community College. For more information please refer to the Support for Military & Veterans page or contact Janice Cassady at 410-272-2338 or by email at

I have completed a degree. Do I need to send my transcripts?

Yes, if you plan to pursue a degree or certificate at Harford Community College.

Extended Hours

Effective January 11-29, 2021

  • Monday thru Thursday
    8:30 AM to 7 PM
  • Friday
    8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
  • Saturday (January 16 & 23)
    10 AM to 2 PM


Standard Office Hours

  • Monday and Thursday
    8:30 AM to 7 PM
  • Tuesday and Wednesday
    8:30 AM to 5 PM
  • Friday
    8:30 AM to 4:30 PM

Contact Information

Registration & Records Office
Student Center
401 Thomas Run Road
Bel Air, MD 21015
Phone: 443-412-2222 or
410-879-8920, ext 2222
Fax: 443-412-2169