A Special Opportunity For the Brightest
The years you will spend at Harford Community College can help you prepare
for a lifetime of success. For the members of the HCC Honors Program, the years here may have an even more
The challenge of the Harford Community College Honors Program is not for every student, but it is for those who
are seeking an enriched academic experience.
Why should you enroll in the Honors Program?
- Closer interaction with faculty and peers
- Access to Honors scholarships at HCC ($500)
- Special recognition at Commencement
- Opportunity to transfer from HCC Honors Program to the Honors College at Towson University and receive a
$1,000 annual scholarship
Acceptance into the Program is based on eligibility at the time of application submission.
To qualify you must meet the following criteria:
- You have completed an HCC Application for Enrollment.
- You are eligible to enroll in college-level English and reading courses.
- You must possess a cumulative GPA of no less than 3.2 in high school.
Current or New Transfer Students:
- You must be eligible to enroll in college-level English and reading courses.
- You must possess a cumulative GPA of no less than 3.2 and a minimum of nine credits of college-level
To continue with Honor Program eligibility
You must maintain a cumulative GPA of no less than 3.0 in Honors courses.
Note: In certain circumstances, entry into the Honors Program or an
individual Honors course may be permitted with the consent of the instructor or
the divisional dean.