Enrollment Steps for Transfer Students

iPlan Check Sheet

Enrollment Process for Students Who Have Attended Another College

Step Student Is Required To . . . How To . . .


Apply for enrollment to Harford Community College.

Complete the online application. (Preferred)
Print the application (PDF) and present in person at the Admissions Office in the Harford Community College Student Center.


Submit an official copy of your college and or high school transcripts to Harford Community College.

  • For college transcripts, contact all previous college Registrar’s Offices for which you have earned college credit, and wish to transfer those credits to HCC.
  • For high school transcripts, visit your high school counseling office.
  • Submit transcripts to the Registration and Records Office in the upper level of the Student Center.
  • For the most up-to-date hours or mailing address, visit the Registration and Records page

Click here to find out if you have earned college credit while in high school.


Get your Harford Community College photo identification card.

Harford Community College Library Circulation Desk (2nd floor)

Student MUST arrive at the Library prior to one-half hour before the scheduled Library closing time. Visit the Library home page for the most up-to-date schedule.

Find out which valid forms of identification are accepted.


Apply for Financial Aid. To apply for financial aid, or receive more information on scholarships or grants, visit the Financial Aid page.


Submit Official SAT/ACT Scores


Complete the Academic Skills Assessment.

*Students who have completed college level English and Math are not required submit SAT/ACT Scores or complete the ASA, but will be required to provide official documentation of earned credit prior to course registration

The Academic Skills Assessment (ASA) may be completed during the ASA Walk-in Hours. Please visit the Test Center page for the most up-to-date schedule.

*Assessment Scores, SAT Scores and ACT Scores are valid for a period for two years.

*Find out more about academic skills assessment.


Complete your Academic Plan with your Academic Advisor.

Students will meet with an advisor to complete an academic plan, discuss career goals, select appropriate courses for registration, and be shown how to register for classes online.

Advising, Career & Transfer Services is located on the upper level of the Student Center. Please visit the Advising homepage prior to your visit for the most up-to-date walk-in advising hours

Please bring copies of your transcripts to your Advising session.


Register for classes in the following semesters: 
  • Summer
  • Fall
  • Winter
  • Spring
  • Log into OwlNet.
  • Click on the My Academic Life tab at the top of the page.
  • Click on Register, Add or Drop Classes on the left hand side.

More Information

For more information, contact the Harford Community College Admissions Office at 443-412-2109.

Students with Disabilities

Students with disabilities may make an appointment with Disability Support Services at any time during the enrollment process. In order to receive information about services, or to request accommodations, please call 443-412-2402 or visit the Student Center.