Transferring to Harford Community College

F-1 visa students are required to enroll as full-time students with a minimum of 12 credits per semester during the spring and fall semesters; applicants accepted in the summer semester are required to be enrolled in a full-time course load in their first semester. You will be charged the out-of-state tuition rate. 

To understand the admissions requirements and application process, download the 2015-2016 International Student (F1) Admissions Application Packet. Read the packet carefully and completely. Contact the Designated School Official (DSO) by email to express your interest in transferring or if you have any questions. 

Applicants are strongly encouraged to submit all forms and supporting documents together by the following deadlines*:

  • Fall admission: August 10
  • Spring admission: December 15
  • Summer admission: May 10

*If you are interested in playing sports in the Division I National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA), please contact the respective coach. You may be subject to an earlier application deadline.

Admissions Requirements

  • International Student Application and Application for Admission. International students may not apply online. 
  • Visa/Immigration Documents. Submit a color copy of their passport ID page, visa, I-94 card or printout from Customs and Border Protection (CBP) website. 
  • Current and Previous I-20s. Submit a copy of your current I-20 and all other I-20s from previous colleges. 
  • Proof of English Proficiency. If English is not your first language, you must provide proof of your proficiency in English. We accept official scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). If you have already taken ENG 101 at a previous American college/university, you do not have to provide a TOEFL score. If you have not taken ENG 101, you will be required to take the HCC Academic Skills Assessment.
  • Sponsor's Affidavit of Cash Support. You or your sponsor(s) must have the financial resources to fund your education and all costs associated with attending college. You must submit signed and notarized Affidavits along with current bank statement(s) and proof of income for each sponsor supporting your education. The balance of the bank statements must equal to at least $19,500* (*cost is subject to change at any time). 
  • Sponsor's Affidavit of Room and Board. Since there are no residence halls or dormitories on campus, you must demonstrate the availability of housing with a local sponsor, family member, or friend, provide your own housing.  Submit a signed and notarized Sponsor's Affidavit of Room and Board along with a copy of your housing sponsor’s deed or lease. Students without local addresses at the time of application will not be considered for admission.
  • Official College Transcripts (U.S. institution only). Submit official transcripts from previous institution(s) if you have taken college-level courses in the U.S. and wish to receive transfer credit. 
  • Transfer Clearance Form. Once you have been conditionally accepted, submitting this form is your last step. This form must be completed and signed by the international student advisor at your current college.

Recommended Documents

  • Official High School/Secondary School Transcripts. Although high school transcripts are not required for admission, your transfer school of choice after Harford Community College may require a copy. Note: Official high school transcripts are required for athletes. 
  • Health insurance. Health care coverage is highly recommended but is not required for admission. Note: Health insurance is required for student athletes. Athletes must submit documentation of their health insurance.

    Contact the Designated School Official (DSO)

    Jenny Lares
    International Admissions Specialist
    Phone: 443-412-2562 | 443-412-2000
    Fax: 443-412-2169