Applying for a Change of Status (COS)

We are excited that you have chosen us as a possible school in which to pursue a college degree in the United States! We issue the Form I-20 only for students pursuing an Associates Degree. We offer the following degrees: Associate of Arts (AA), Associate of Applied Sciences (AA), Associate of Science (AS), and Associate of Arts in Teaching (AAT). We do not issue I-20s for students who wish to obtain a Certificate. 

In order to be considered for admission, individuals currently on a nonimmigrant visa who want to apply for a change of status (COS) to an F-1 visa must first fulfill the requirements of obtaining a Form I-20, Certificate of Eligibility, before applying for a change of status through the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). 

For information on the application process and admission requirements, download the 2017-2018 International Student (F1) Application Packet for Change of Status (COS) Applicants. We will begin to accept Fall applications on March 1, 2017. 

International students cannot apply online. All applications must be sent by mail, or dropped off at the Office of Admissions. We strongly encourage you to submit all forms and supporting documents together by the application deadline: 

  • Fall 2017 admission: June 1, 2017
  • Spring 2018 admission: October 1, 2018

Contact the Designated School Official (DSO)

Jenny Lares
International Admissions Specialist
Phone: 443-412-2562 | 443-412-2000
Fax: 443-412-2169