Parking Permits


HCC employees must obtain a parking permit form from the Department of Public Safety. Persons requesting an employee parking permit must show an HCC ID and complete a campus vehicle registration form. Vehicle registration forms can be found on OwlNet under the Work Life tab or from the Public Safety office. Work-study students, models, tutors, theater technicians, and CET instructors are not eligible to receive parking permits.

One parking permit is issued to each eligible employee. A valid permit must hang from the rear view mirror when parking in designated employee spaces. Motorcycle stickers are also available.

Full-time employees are issued a non-expiring permit. Part-time employees are issued a permit that expires every six months. Part-time permits are valid January 1 through June 30 and July 1 through December 31. Part-time employees must respond to the Public Safety office to retrieve their updated sticker. Both full- and part-time employees are required to update their campus vehicle registration form when their vehicle information changes.

If an employee has multiple vehicles, it is her/his responsibility to ensure the permit is properly displayed in whichever vehicle is parked on campus. Vehicles lacking permits or with improperly displayed permits will be ticketed.

Employees are reminded that service to our students is our main goal. Those having an employee parking permit must park in a designated employee spot and not in the general parking area. This will open much-needed spaces for students and visitors to campus.

Permits are the property of HCC and must be returned to Human Resources upon termination of employment. Lost permits will be replaced at a cost of $15.

Disabled Parking

Disabled parking is clearly marked and is reserved only for those displaying a valid state handicapped vehicle registration plate or permit. The disabled individual must be in the vehicle to use the space and possess the permit card that corresponds with the registration plate or permit.

If no disabled parking is available, permit holders may park in any unnumbered employee space.

Temporary HCC disabled permits are available from the Department of Public Safety. Those requesting one must submit a valid doctor's note validating the need for disabled parking along with their HCC ID. HCC temporary permits are valid for 30 days. Extended disabilities will require the temporary permit holder to seek a permit from the Motor Vehicle Administration. Misuse of a disabled permit or parking without a permit in a reserved disabled parking space is subject to a fine of $150.

Carpool Parking

Carpool parking is available for employees who can verify that they are commuting in a carpool of two or more persons. An application for a carpool permit can be obtained from the Department of Public Safety.

Alert Me

Emergency Notification System