Employee NetStorage Instructions
This document describes the recommended methods for
accessing your data on HCC campus servers from any
internet capable workstation. NetStorage allows access
to those drives commonly referred to as H
G (Community Storage), and
P (Departmental Storage). This document will cover
access from the internet using the Internet Explorer web
browser. However it can be applied to virtually any
Internet Web Browser.
Internet Access via Web Browser:
- Launch your web browser.
- Enter the URL: http://mydata.harford.edu.
- Select Yes when prompted to accept the security certificate.*
- Enter your Novell Username and Password then click OK.
- Home@HCC is your Campus H drive.
For additional assistance on the features of
NetStorage, please call the Help Desk
Note: Your browser’s pop-up blocker (if in use)
may interfere with some functions of NetStorage.
Please be aware of this, if it appears
options do not work.
Desktop shortcut using Windows XP Web Folders:
(other MS operating systems should be similar)
- Open "My Network Places", or "Network Neighborhood".
- Click "Add a Network Place".
- Click Next.
- Choose the option to specify another network location such as Web Site or FTP.
- Click Next.
- Enter https://mydata.harford.edu/oneNet/NetStorage as
the Internet or Network Address.
Note: The "N" in oneNet may be case sensitive and should be capitalized.
- Accept the Security Certificate*.
- Enter a name for the connection such as MyData at HCC (Click Next).
- Click Finish to open the connection.
Note: If the folders do not come up after a short wait, please minimize windows to confirm
that another Security Certificate is not waiting to be accepted in the background.
- After the connection has been created, it will appear in Windows Explorer, a shortcut may be placed on the desktop.
Note: You will be prompted to accept the security certificate each time you reconnect.
- Right click on the new connection in Windows Explorer.
- Hold down the right mouse button as you drag the icon to the desktop.
- Release the right mouse button on the desktop where you would like the icon placed.
- Select "Create Shortcut Here" from the resulting menu.
- The connection should be persistent and remain after the workstation is restarted.
http://www.harford.edu/technology/solutions/importcertinstruction.asp for instructions on how to eliminate this prompt.
Return to Troubleshooting Index