Award: Associate of Arts Degree –
Option in Arts & Sciences
For more information: Contact Dr. Stephanie Hallock,
443-412-2262, email@example.com; or Advising, Career,
and Transfer Services, 443-412-2301.
|No. of credits required: |
This option is designed primarily to prepare students for
transfer to institutions with baccalaureate programs with
majors in International Relations or Political Science.
Upon completion of the AA in Political Science, students will be able to:
- Analyze current issues/events through historical and contextual lenses.
- Construct personal political opinions supported with relevant evidence, and express them in cogent and compelling written and oral formats.
- Evaluate the connection between themselves and the communities in which they live (local, national and global).
- Participate effectively in the democratic process.
- Perform successfully in a baccalaureate program.
Many liberal arts colleges
and universities offer International Relations as a major, either
as its own degree program or as an option under the Political
Science major. The political science courses at Harford are
accepted for transfer to Maryland colleges and universities
and to public and private institutions nationwide.
The Political Science program – Track in International
Relations prepares students for careers in government, foreign
service, international organizations, trade, international
business, teaching and research.
Recommended Course Sequence
* Foreign Language and/or BA 101: (Introduction to
Business) and/or additional economics courses are
strongly recommended based on the student's career
goals or transfer requirements.
** RELG 210: (Comparative Religion) and/or PHIL 205:
(Ethics) are strongly recommended.