Award: Associate of Arts Degree –
Option in Arts & Sciences
For more information: Contact Dr. Stephanie Hallock
443-412-2262, email@example.com; or Advising, Career,
and Transfer Services, 443-412-2301.
|No. of credits required: |
This option is designed primarily to prepare students for
transfer to baccalaureate programs with majors in
Upon completion of the AA in Political Science, students will be able to:
- Analyze current issues/events through historical and contextual lenses.
- Construct personal political opinions supported with relevant evidence, and express them in cogent and compelling written and oral formats.
- Evaluate the connection between themselves and the communities in which they live (local, national and global).
- Participate effectively in the democratic process.
- Perform successfully in a baccalaureate program.
Liberal arts colleges and universities typically offer
Political Science as a major. The political science courses at
Harford are accepted for transfer to Maryland colleges and
universities and to public and private institutions nationwide.
The Political Science program prepares students for careers in
government, law, urban planning, teaching, foreign service and
Recommended Course Sequence
*Behavioral/Social Science Elective - Any course in anthropology, criminal justice, economics, geography, history, paralegal studies, political science, psychology, and sociology.