Award: Associate of Sciences Degree
For more information: Contact Prof. Richard Miller,
443-412-2242, email@example.com; or Advising, Career,
and Transfer Services, 443-412-2301.
|No. of credits required: |
This program is designed for students who wish to transfer
to earn a baccalaureate degree in some area of business.
Students who plan to transfer should consult an advisor for
assistance in selecting courses appropriate for the transfer
institution and program. The courses in this curriculum
prepare students for later specialization in finance, human
resource management, management, private and public
accounting, marketing, merchandising and advertising. High
school preparation should include four units of English and
two units of algebra. Cooperative Education is available to
students in this program as an additional means of receiving
extended learning experiences related to Business
Upon successful completion of this program of study students will be able to:
- Use the language of business and demonstrate effective and professional communication skills.
- Analyze ethical and social responsibilities in business decision making.
- Examine different types of business systems, organizations, management practices and theories related to the global economy.
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills in business decision making.
- Use information technology applications to develop business solutions.
- Transfer successfully to a four-year institution.
Transfer students should note that many business schools
have selective admissions requirements. Cumulative grade
point average and completion of specific course requirements
are used as criteria for acceptance. One option for students
is the dual admissions program with University of Maryland
University College, in which students may transfer to Business
Administration or Human Resource Management. Interested
students should contact academic advising.
Recommended Course Sequence
* Courses/electives should be chosen according to the institution
to which transfer is planned. Additional Humanities or
Social Science electives may be needed at some transfer